Saturday, August 27, 2011

link love: 08.27.2011

Today was one of the first Saturdays we've spent at home with nothing to do, so it's flown by!  Of course that means I've been working on lots of projects.  We spent the afternoon and evening swapping our son's room around.  I had a friend come over and give lots of advice for arranging the room and things on the walls...it looks great!  I will post pictures soon. :)

As a result of the stream of projects, I'm posting link love a little late...but here are a few projects that have caught my eye this week:


                                                           Source: ashleeraubachphotography.blogspot.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


Grayson starts preschool on September 6...and after seeing this I plan to have him write his name on a little chalkboard for a picture that day! I'd love to have this be a "first day of school" tradition in our family to see how his handwriting develops and changes.

                                                                    Source: alicia-lafamille.blogspot.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


I spotted this daybed made out of pallets on a blog and fell.in.love. How great would this be on a screened-in porch?!


                                                                          Source: myhomesweethomeonline.net via Mary Jo on Pinterest


I am a little late to the fad that is Instagram, but it is pretty fun. I love this tutorial on creating your own "Instagallery" for all of the photos you've taken.

What has caught your eye this week?

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute with the chalkboards! I just take a picture of mine on the front steps on the first day back to school as our little tradition. I've seen that pallet bed too, isn't it so cool?? I liked the wall art too - it would be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one of those little chalkboards for my boys' pics at Michael's! So excited!! It is the natural color but I plan to paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I've been wanting one of those pallet beds for forever! Every time we walk by the back of a building with pallets out to trash, I try to convince Chris to do it. He kind of just rolls his eyes though. Sad.

    Also, that insa-gallery is fabulous. Such pretty colors. I don't have an i-hpone but I could totally see doing something similar with my Diana F+ photos! Thanks for the inspiration, MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the idea of using the chalkboards for the first day of school pics every year. I wish I had seen this last week when my daughter started kinder (maybe we'll do a retake :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...