Monday, August 15, 2011

made by "mom" monday...

My mom, who lives in Virginia, has had a sewing machine for as long as I can remember.  She quilted (I think by hand, right Mom?) when I was very young - I can remember the large quilting hoop in her sewing room - but gave up sewing for a while.  All of that changed at Christmas when she was gifted a brand new Singer machine!  For the past 8 months, we've spent countless hours talking about sewing tutorials, fabric, and the price of thread. :)  On most days I'll also hear my phone signal that a text has come in, only to find it's a picture of Mom's recent project.

In fact, for her birthday in June my dad and I schemed to create a beautiful sewing room for my mom.  I wish I had taken pictures before I left!  

She has definitely been putting that beautiful room to good use.  Here are a few of the projects she has finished this weekend:
A reversible "teacher tote" and pencil bag.


A wet bag (as part of a baby shower gift that includes on of my car seat canopies) and 2 pleated purses with matching pouches!

Way to go, Mom!  Keep up the awesome sewing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...