Thursday, December 8, 2011

fun, friends, and duncan hines


Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.


cupcakes_toppers
No one wants to talk about the fact that Christmas is only 17 days away (YIKES!!), so let’s talk about one of my favorite topics…holiday desserts!  When asked to bring something for a Christmas party or holiday get-together, I almost always sign up for a dessert.  I love to bake and have accumulated some great recipes.  But, sometimes there isn’t time to spend making a dessert from scratch…so I always keep a box of Duncan Hines cake mix and frosting in my pantry!

In fact, we just celebrated Grayson’s fourth birthday last week and had Duncan Hines cupcakes for his “friend” birthday party.  I was going to make homemade butter cream frosting, but what child really cares about frosting?  I used a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix, piped canned chocolate frosting on, and stuck in a cupcake topper that I designed.  The cupcakes looked great and tasted great!

While checking out the Duncan Hines website, I came across LOTS of yummy sounding recipes.  In fact, I’m going to try this one this weekend to bring to a playdate with Grayson’s friends on Monday.  I’m thinking of having the kiddos decorate their own Gingerbread Men!

************************************************
Duncan Hines Recipe Gingerbread Men


 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
  2. Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, molasses and ginger in large bowl (mixture will be soft). Refrigerate 2 hours.
  3. Place dough on lightly floured surface, cover with waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place 3 inches apart on non-pareils ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with non pareils.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
  5. Makes 12 to 14 six-inch gingerbread men.
************************************************
Don’t those sound delicious?  I’ll let you know next week after I test them!
What are your favorite desserts to make for the holidays?  Does your family have any “traditional” desserts that are always made around this time of year?

Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...