Thursday, August 9, 2012

i love jenny lind….

Well, I don’t really know Jenny Lind…but I love Jenny Lind style cribs and beds!  I have always loved the vintage-look of those sweet spindles (apparently other people do, too!  Check out this post by Apartment Therapy) and knew I’d have one some day.

When Grayson was just a few months old, I started seeing pictures of painted Jenny Lind beds used in boys’ rooms…I was sold!  I had visions of a red painted bed with navy and white bedding.

I stumbled upon a practically perfect, chippy painted, antique one at a garage sale in Austin for just $5 (including the headboard, footboard, and metal rails!) and threw my money at quickly paid the nice family.  It sat in our garage for 2 years, moved with us to Missouri, and eventually became our guest bed.  I'm so glad that I never painted it!

                                   Source: itstwoam.files.wordpress.com via Mary Jo 


**This is not our bed…but it looks very similar!** 

Now that we’ve flipped rooms and are combining the nursery with the guest room, the Jenny Lind bed has taken up residence there.  I have been secretly dreaming of selling Grayson’s old white crib and buying a Jenny Lind crib to match.  Just take a look at some of my “pins” to see how sweet this crib looks in a nursery!



I love this sweet, white crib with beautiful bedding...



The yellow crib pops off of these turquoise walls!  I love all of the fabric used in this nursery...especially that crib skirt.

Source: google.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest

Another great white crib with beautiful bedding...and check out those tissue paper poms and paper lanterns!  Love!



Erica, of Urban Grace Interiors, had the crib she used as a child repainted in a gorgeous gold!

I decided to try my hand at Craig's List to see if I could find a reasonably priced Jenny Lind crib...I'll be back tomorrow to show you what I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...