Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"a beautiful mess" string art cross...

Have you heard of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)?  I have been involved with one group or another since Grayson was born, almost 6 years ago!  I am in charge of the "Creative Activities" for our group and this year's theme is "A Beautiful Mess".  When looking for a craft that would fit the theme and be a little on the frugal side.  I came across this pin for a string art cross on Pinterest and it was perfect!


We have a a friend who has access to free barn wood, so my husband pulled out a bunch of boards and cut them into roughly 5x7 pieces.

I made a little pattern for the nail placement and we hammered in the nails for all 70 boards!


I bought small brad nails from Lowe's and a multi-pack of embroidery floss from Hobby Lobby (with my 40% off coupon!).  The whole project ended up costing a little over $10 for 70 boards!  A great, frugal project that is perfect for our theme and perfect for adding a little fall touch to our house.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And I'm going "steal" your idea . . . I love it that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I hope your cross turns out fantastic! :)

      Delete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...