Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grayson's bathroom inspiration....

Is it Tuesday already?  Really? My "I'll be back tomorrow" line from Thursday's post and turned into "I'll be back 5 days later".  So sorry, y'all.  It's been a long 5 days with a sick boy, some antibiotics for me, and my husband being gone for a few days on a trip with the students.  Couple that with a SuperBowl party extravaganza and here we are on Tuesday...ugh.

Let's start with what we already have in the bathroom that is staying.  I made the shower curtain using a brightly-colored flat sheet from Walmart.  Here's a better picture of the colors in the sheet...


I need to trim the curtain down a little on the sides so it's less "bunchy" and lies a little flatter when stretched all of the way out, but I love the little bit of whimsy it brings in since this bathroom also serves as our guest bathroom.

The BATH letter hooks are staying, but I'm going to move them down a bit on the wall so the kiddo can actually hang up his own towels.  I'm going to add some art above the hooks.  Maybe something like these?


Source: etsy.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


Grayson would love these if we replaced "Jedi Knights" with "Cowboys".

 

Source: etsy.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest

These are CUTE! But I'm totally okay with splashing, so we could leave that one out. :)

I'd usually just paint the room to add more color but I'm thinking with the addition of some art and colorful towels to hang on the hooks, we'll have plenty of color and still  have the neutral wall color (Monroe Bisque).  Because we all know the re-decorating bug will bite me again in the future! Ha!

I've got a few more ideas for the room, but you'll have to wait for the reveal at the end of the month!

Do you have any great kid's bathroom ideas?  Have you pinned any cute bathroom art lately?

2 comments:

  1. I always like going into a bathroom and seeing art with little sayings..For some reason it just makes me feel at home :) Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Your post inspired me, so I created a cowboy bathroom set:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/93068592/nursery-art-print-cowboy-art-children

    Thanks for including my work in your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...