Thursday, August 2, 2012

gray or grey?

 

We are painting the walls of the future guest room/nursery gray.  I think it’ll pair nicely with the white Jenny Lind bed and crib that will be in there and plan to add a pop of color with a dresser painted in a robin’s egg blue color (maybe Duck Egg chalk paint by Annie Sloan?).

The only problem now is deciding WHICH color gray to pick.  Here are some top contenders:

 

Nimbus Gray by Martha Stewart (available at Home Depot)

 

Wickham Gray by Benjamin Moore

 

Glidden’s Smooth Stone

 

Do you have any suggestions for great grays that I need to know about?

3 comments:

  1. My vote is the Wickham Gray...beautiful with the white and pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Smooth Stone painted in my master bath. I really like it, but it doesn't look nearly as warm in my home as it does in your inspiration picture. I've been on the hunt for the perfect gray with warm undertones for my living room and after trying 11 {yes, 11!} samples, I finally landed on Benjamin Moore's Cedar Key. I also really like Benjamin Moore's Barren Plain {which I have on the buffet in my dining room}. What's funny with those 11 samples was that I loved some of the colors in other people's homes, but they didn't work in mine at all. I'm sure you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I just had to pop back in here and say that I think whoever mixed the Cedar Key for me at Home Depot did it wrong. I have not been able to get it matched correctly to the sample I bought and buying it from Benjamin Moore resulted in an entirely different gray than I wanted. Lol! Anyway...I pretty much don't like Cedar Key at all, and had to throw that out there since I was singing it's praises. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...