Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DIY silhouette pendant

I know I'm not alone in my love for silhouettes!  In fact, it was on a "silhouette love" blog post that I stumbled upon these fantastic custom-made silhouette necklaces on Etsy.  However, the $90+ price tag was a little much for me...and I kind-of like to do things myself.  I get lots of compliments on my necklace and thought I'd share a quick tutorial so you can DIY your own!




This is a really simple and affordable project. Here are the items you'll need...


Blank pendant/locket - I chose to use a locket for mine so I didn't have to fuss with clear glaze and could change the silhouette out as I pleased.  I found my pendants at Michael's and Hobby Lobby for less than $5 each.  Use your coupons!
*Yes, my daughter's hair sticks up in a mohawk no matter what I do to it!  So sweet! *

A silhouette of your child printed out for the correct size of your pendant - I took pictures on my iPhone, emailed them to myself, and created my own silhouettes in Photoshop.  I then cut them out using my Silhouette Cameo and glued them onto white card stock.  My locket/pendant is double-sided, so I glued a silhouette on each side.

A length of chain - I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby...don't forget to use a coupon!


Simply insert your printed, trimmed silhouette, add the locket(s) to a chain, and add it to your chain!  You'll get lots of compliments...even more so when you say "I did it myself!"  These make great gifts for moms and grandmas, too!



Linky Parties I love:

2 comments:

  1. These are so, so sweet! Just like the old days... thank you for sharing the tute on how to make them. Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these! I definitely share your silhouette love

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...