Thursday, January 10, 2013

quick felt flower clip...


Mollie and I had a Girl's Night Out with a fabulous group of women last night, so I whipped up a cute felt flower clip to match her outfit!  I had everything on hand, so it was free for me, but you could make this for less than $1.

You'll need an alligator clip, 1 sheet of felt for your flower (you'll use about 1/3 of a sheet depending on the size of your flowers), green felt for the leaves, and your hot glue gun.

I loosely followed this tutorial at Craftiness Is Not Optional, but had to cut my own flowers (she uses an Accuquilt cutter for hers).  I just 5 8-petal flowers that were about 2 inches in diameter.  I cut a circle of felt as a "base", hot glued the leaves on, and then layered my flower on.  Once all of the petals were glued on, I glued the flower to an alligator clip and clipped it to an elastic headband.

Once you get the hang of layering the flowers you can crank these clips out in no time!  How cute would a set of these clips be for a baby shower gift?

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...