Monday, May 16, 2011

our new house numbers...

When we moved into our house, it had "peel and stick" house numbers above the garage door...you know the kind that you're supposed to stick to your mailbox? They were doing more peeling than sticking and they looked awful.  I took them down as soon as possible.

We still had house numbers on our mailbox, so I didn't really worry about putting any back up.  Plus, all of the ones that I loved were expensive or they just wouldn't work for our house.  Here are some ideas I found on Pinterest that I love:

                                                        Source: homeshoppingspy.wordpress.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest



                                                               Source: emilyaclark.blogspot.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest



                                                                     Source: gallery.apartmenttherapy.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


                                                                           Source: marthastewart.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


                                                                                 Source: google.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


                                                                            Source: budgetwisehome.com via Mary Jo on Pinterest


I love the vinyl on the front door, but it just doesn't work with the design of our front door.  The mid-centry modern font of some of the metal numbers are my favorite, but I wasn't really sure about where to put the house numbers as our house is mostly brick.  I didn't want to worry about attaching permanent numbers using a masonry bit and hating them.

So, we went 5 months without house numbers.  And then I made my own...



I took a scrap of wood that was laying around in our scrap pile and painted it with black acrylic paint.  I used Photoshop to design something that I liked, printed it out, and used the same method as my Ruler Growth Chart to transfer the design to the wood.  Then, using paint pens, I filled in the design.  Cute, easy, and FREE!

Here is a picture of how they look on our little front porch:

Can I tell you how much I love that green, chippy chair that a friend gave me?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...