I love the blinds because they're functional (we're not blinded by the sun as we eat breakfast anymore) and they have really clean lines. I'd still like to add some curtains to frame out the window a bit more. Here's where you come in....
Being completely in love with the striped curtain trend, I'd love to make some for that window. Here are a few pairs of curtains that I love:
My only question is what colors should I use??
Here is a little moodboard of the other large elements in our living and dining rooms.
- Couch: Ektorp sectional in Idemo light brown
- Rug: Sphinx Area Rug, Amelia - we got a great deal on this at a local carpet and flooring store
- Paint color: Monroe Bisque by Benjamin Moore
- Table: A dark (almost walnut-colored) clawfoot pedestal table, similar to the one pictured
- Chairs: Black chairs with rush seats
Our living room and dining area is basically one huge open room with distinct areas. I obviously like neutrals so I can use pops of color in pictures and accessories. I'm really leaning towards the white and dark tan curtains like the fabulous Nester. Of course these will be DIY and on the cheap...probably using sheets!
What do you think? Would you stick with the neutrals or go for a bold color? Are you on board the striped curtain bandwagon or are they too trendy for your taste?