Thursday, December 29, 2011

thankful ornaments…

***This was originally a guest post over at Cap’s Creations blog the other day.  I thought I’d post it here as well. Enjoy!***

The project I wanted to share with you today is a little something that you can do with your kids before you pack away all of your Christmas decorations.  I called it our thankful ornament.

We made this one in 2006, just after our first year of marriage, and used to it "record" things that we were thankful for from that year.



I simply typed out things that we were thankful for (on plain computer paper), cut the paper into 1/4 inch strips, rolled them into "curls" in stuck them in the ornament.  I also added some "curls" of red and green scrapbooking paper. 



To make it easier to see what we were thankful for from that year, I created a little tag to attach to the top of the ornament that listed everything. Tie a few ribbons to the top and you're done!



It's a fun tradition and a great way to look back on the great things from the past years!

The girls over at Shanty2Chic just posted a variation on this project a few days ago.  Check it out here.

Wouldn't this be great to do with your kids before New Years?  Especially since you can find all of the Christmas stuff for more than 50% off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...