Monday, March 26, 2012

make your own sherbet freezes…

One of my favorite things about living in Texas (and now Missouri) is visiting Braum’s Ice Cream. Yum! One popular item on their menu is a Freeze, a sherbet and 7-Up (or Sprite) mix that is delicious.  A friend of mine shared this “recipe” to make my own Freezes and I thought I’d share it with ya’ll. 

We’ve had unseasonably warm weather in Missouri and these Freezes have been a perfect quick treat for Grayson after an afternoon of playing outside.  They are super quick to make and MUCH cheaper to make at home.  You’ll need 2 ingredients: Sprite (or the Wal-mart generic version) and any flavor of sherbet.

make your own freeze

I make my Freezes in a blender to make them come together faster.

cute little helper

You might also want a cute little helper!

The steps are easy:
1. Add several scoops of sherbet to your blender.  We used 4 scoops for 2 1/2 Freezes.
2. Add enough Sprite to cover your sherbet.  Blend and add more Sprite until it reaches the consistency you like.
3. Pour it in a “fancy” glass, add a straw, and enjoy.

sherbet freeze
Have you ever been to Braum’s?  What’s your favorite warm weather treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...