Friday, March 2, 2012

questions and answers…

I often have questions asked in the comments and although I try to reply back to each one, some slip through the cracks or don’t have an e-mail attached so I can’t reply.  So, I thought I’d answer a few recent questions in this post…

ruler growth chart

Roxie asked: Hi I love your idea! But what do the numbers mean? Is it 1 inch thickness X 6 ft tall x 8 inches wide? Your help will be greatly appreciated. (on Ruler Growth Chart: Pottery Barn Knock Off)

Roxie, you’re right!  The wood is labeled 1 inch thick, 8 inches wide, and 6 feet tall…except those aren’t the exact measurements.  Did you know that the measurements that lumber is labeled by when it’s sold aren’t the finished measurements?  A 1x8 is actually about 3/4 of an inch by 7 and 1/4 inches.  It has something to do with the measurement taken when it’s rough cut (when the lumber is cut from the logs) versus when the lumber has been dried and planed.  Crazy, huh?  So if you’re needing precise measurements for a project, be sure to take that into account when you’re purchasing your lumber!  Just some interesting (and random!) facts from the daughter of a man who owns a lumber company. :)

blessings

Meghan, Ali, Cathy, SLP, and several other have asked: I love this printable!! I'm going to use it in our baby's nursery!!! Is it only 8x10 or can I print it 8.5x11??…This is one of my favorite songs and bible verses. Can I get a 12x12 version of it?…so beautiful... either the way you have written it or as a direct biblical quote... it is awesome either way... is there any way to do it in a 5 x7 size? thanks so much!..and downloaded it... is there a way to change the colors on the edge? (on {blessings} printable...)

I get LOTS of requests to customize my printables for readers.  I’ve decided to open up any printables for customization for a small fee for my time. If you’d like a custom size or color, please send me an e-mail (517creations@gmail.com) and I’d love to work with you!

  alphabet flash cards

Jessica and Welcome to Our Story asked: I also love the ruler and the ABCs. Any chance you found out where they're from?…Hi, I think the ruler is awesome, but I’m also really interested in the ABC/animal pictures on the wall in your playroom. I’d love to do something like that in our nursery. Would you mind telling me how you did it...did you buy them like that or print pictures yourself? How did you attach them to the wall? thanks so much! (on Ruler Growth Chart: Pottery Barn Knock Off)

I found these flash cards at Michael's in the scrapbooking section. With a coupon, they only ended up being a little over $4! Amazon also sells these if you're interested! They are super cute, with relatively muted colors, and awesome animal facts on the back!

Given my "decorating ADD", I knew that I didn't want these to be a totally permanent fixture in the playroom, but I wanted them to stay put until it was time for me to take them down. :) I was looking for a different type of mounting strips, but came across these Reusable Tabs from Scotch. They are AWESOME! They are specifically for "lightweight mounting" but would be perfect for hanging posters, etc. AND you can reuse them! These ended up costing a little more than the cards (I think they were around $6), but that's a good price considering you can reuse them!

art_center_thumb

Lori asked: Great way to organize all of those art supplies! Love your wall color, too! What is it? (on our art center…)

The wall color is Monroe Bisque by Benjamin Moore.  We have it in most of the “open areas” of our home and I love it!  It’s a great neutral color that looks great paired with crisp, white trim.

Do you have any questions that you’d like answered?  Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail and I’d be happy to answer!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...