Wednesday, May 11, 2011

before & {happily ever} after...entry and hallway

Last Friday, I showed you the before and after of our kitchen.  There are still a few things that I'd change about our kitchen, but I love, love, LOVE how it looks now.

I said that the kitchen was one of the first things that we saw, but that's not entirely true.  Here was our view the moment our realtor opened the door...


 I loved the fireplace and the bookshelves that flank it on either side.  The spindles and sculptured carpet...not so much.  Here's what it looks like when you walk into our home today...


We took those spindles out - we actually opened that doorway into the playroom up about 6 extra feet - and replaced the carpet with laminate that is made to mimic hand-scraped hardwood.  There are still a few things on the "to do someday" list (like change out the fireplace door/insert), but I love it!

The hallway that leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms was another one of the first things that we saw.  Here's what it looked like in September 2010:


And what it looks like today...


Some of the frames area crooked (a 3-year old and a 90 pound dog running around will do that) and some of the frames are waiting to be filled (a Father's Day present for Scott is in the works for one of the frames), but I think that my work-in-progress gallery wall makes a long hallway a little more stylish.  Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do?!  Painting our dark oak trim white made a huge difference in our home!

Even though I was there for every step of the way, when I look at the "before" pictures, it's still hard to believe that it's the same house!

I'll be back with more before & {happily ever} afters of our home in the coming days!

Linked to:



3 comments:

  1. The afters look great! I LOVE the gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so good. What a great way to use up a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! You've done a great job with all of the updates!! Here from Whipperberry.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...